The new Edinburgh tram network began operating in 2014 – just over fifty years since the last city network (Glasgow) closed down.
Now that the new network is up and running it is sadly inevitable that a few people will be injured in tram accidents. In fact, some accidents have already been reported, with cyclists suffering injuries when their wheels unexpectedly got caught in the grooves that form part of the tram trackway.
Other possible accidents include:
- Pedestrians being hit by trams
- Pedestrians slipping on the trackway
- Trams colliding with other vehicles, resulting in injury to drivers and passengers
- Derailments caused by damaged tracks
If you have been injured in an incident involving a tram that was not your fault you might be entitled to claim compensation. You might also be able to claim if you are partially at fault for the injury – although the compensation you receive may be reduced to take account of this.
Tram Accident Compensation Claims
So how do you go about making a claim? How much will it cost? And what should you do first?
These are all good questions. You’ll find some of the answers here, by clicking on the links below. Or give us a call on 0800 0891 331 and one of our specialist personal injury lawyers will be happy to chat things through, free of charge and with no obligation.
- what happens when you make a claim?
- the amount of compensation you are likely to get
- the cost of making a claim for personal injury
- how long your claim is likely to take
- whether you should accept an offer from an insurance company
- any other questions or queries you may have
Tram Accident Compensation Lawyers
Thompsons' specialist compensation claims solicitors are experienced in advising people who have been injured in road traffic accidents.
We are Scotland's leading personal injury lawyers, and are rated number one by legal directory “Legal 500”. But we also understand that people only seek advice from a compensation solicitor when they have been through a traumatic or painful experience.
That is why our compensation claims solicitors are sympathetic and approachable, and will do their utmost to obtain the maximum amount of compensation for you, in the shortest possible time.