Claim Now

To ensure we give you the most tailored advice regarding your data breach enquiry, we kindly request that you complete our specialised enquiry form. You can access the form
by clicking on the following button: Click here

Click here to return to the previous window

Workplaces can be very dangerous places and the risk of accident from hazardous substances can be high, particularly in certain sectors. The effects of exposure to hazardous substances can range from mild eye irritation to chronic lung disease or even death.

As a result, the Government requires employers to comply with The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH). These rules afford some protection to employees, but exposure to hazardous substances does still occur.

Who is at risk?

There are a number of industries in which hazardous chemicals and dangerous substances are used to enable certain processes and functions; however, even workers in a small coffee shop are likely to be affected because they will use industrial cleaning agents on a regular basis.

The following employment sectors should pay particular notice to COSHH regulations:

  • Agriculture
  • Baking
  • Beauty
  • Catering
  • Cleaning
  • Engineering
  • Hairdressing
  • Offshore oil and gas
  • Printing
  • Motor vehicle repair
  • Welding
  • Woodworking

For more information please go to the HSE.Gov website.

Hazardous substances and you

If you have been involved in an accident or have been affected by a hazardous substance then you may be eligible for compensation. You may also have a few questions.

You'll find some of the answers by clicking on the links below. Or give us a call on 0800 0891 331 and one of our specialist personal injury lawyers will be happy to chat things through, free of charge and with no obligation.

What are hazardous substances?
What are non-controlled hazardous substances?
What are the effects of hazardous substances?
What can employers do to comply with the rules?
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002

Contact Thompsons work accident solicitors in Scotland, today

If you or a loved one have been affected by a hazardous substance at work, even if you are unsure whether you would be able to claim compensation, contact our specialist lawyers today on 0800 0891 331.  

Start your compensation claim now. Call us on 0800 0891 331 for no win no fee help and advice.

Injured through no fault of your own?
Call us on
To see how much you could claim
Compensation Specialists
Our offices and meeting places
Talk to Thompsons
Claim Now