Did you know you are entitled to compensation if you’ve suffered a breach of your data? Organisations have a legal duty to securely store and process information held on you, however all too often negligent practices result in your details being disclosed.
This can have a devastating affect on the victim when their personal information has been exposed.
Existing data breach claims:
Data Breach Form
Thompsons Solicitors Scotland is raising class action lawsuits to enable thousands of affected customers and employees to claim their money, as swiftly and easily as possible. Complete the form below to register your details.
- Atlas Masters Trust – Capita Data Breach
- Canon – Capita Data Breach
- BAE Systems – Capita Data Breach
- Clydesdale & Yorkshire Bank Pension – Capita Data Breach
- Diageo – Capita Data Breach
- Direct Line Group – Capita Data Breach
- EAPF - Capita Data Breach
- Hanson Pension Scheme – Capita Data Breach
- Michelin Pension Scheme – Capita Data Breach
- Mineworkers' Pension Scheme- Capita Data Breach
- M&S Pension - Capita Data breach
- O2 – Captia Data Breach
- Pfizer Pension Scheme – Capita Data Breach
- Rothesay Pension Scheme – Capita Data Breach
- Scottish and Newcastle – Capita Data Breach
- Scottish Power Pension – Capita Data Breach
- Sopra Steria – Capita Data Breach
- USS – Capita Data Breach
- Wincanton PLC Pension Scheme – Capita Data Breach
- Safeway Pension Scheme (SPS)- Capita Data Breach
- Other – Capita Data Breach
- Aon - MoveIT Data Breach
- DPD - MoveIT Data Breach
- CSS/DVLA - MoveIT Data Breach
- Volkswagen Financial Services – MoveIT Data Breach
- Arnold Clark Data Breach – Zellis Payroll
- BBC Data Breach – Zellis Payroll
- Boots Data Breach – Zellis Payroll
- British Airways Data Breach – Zellis Payroll
- DHL Data Breach – Zellis Payroll
- North Lanarkshire Council – Zellis Payroll
- Other – Zellis Payroll
- Arnold Clark - Data Breach
- Best Connection Group - Data Breach
- Currys Creation Finance - Data Breach
- easyJet - Data Breach
- JD Sports - Data Breach
- South Lanarkshire - Data Breach
- University of the West of Scotland - Data Breach
- Other data breach
Distress only claims
If you have suffered a breach but with no measurable loss, you are still entitled to claim for distress only. Awards for distress only may be lower unless significant personal information has been compromised. Significant breaches can attach very high pay-outs.
Distress & loss
If you have suffered a breach together with a measurable loss you are entitled to claim compensation for both. The loss could be financial if your financial information has been compromised, or injury if the information compromised is so sensitive that the breach has caused you subsequent psychological harm.
If you have suffered distress, financial harm, ill-health, or a worsening of an existing condition because of the actions or omissions of an organisation, our specialist data breach department could be able to help you to obtain redress.
Types of breaches
Thompsons have successfully achieved compensation for their clients, in a number of cases involving a wide range of different be cases involving a wide range of different types of information, including:
- Social work records
- Medical records
- Personal photographs, films and videos
- Personal address and telephone details
- Employment information
- Financial information
Not only did Thompsons Solicitors raise Scotland’s first ever class action (Group Proceedings), they are raising Scotland’s first ever data breach class action against Easyjet.
Thompsons will always fight to obtain the maximum compensation available in your case, and awards will be calculated on the distress, injury, and losses that arise, and how long you suffered these for.
Our team of specialist solicitors are here to listen, provide advice, and answer any legal questions you may have. All information will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and with the utmost sensitivity.
To find out more, Talk to Thompsons today on 0800 0891 331 so you can talk things through with one of our GDPR lawyers.