Claim Now

To ensure we give you the most tailored advice regarding your data breach enquiry, we kindly request that you complete our specialised enquiry form. You can access the form
by clicking on the following button: Click here

Click here to return to the previous window

ScaffoldingIf you're unfortunate enough to sustain an injury following a fall from height at work, you may be able to make a personal injury claim for compensation.

If you have sustained life-altering injuries, you should not have to suffer without receiving the full amount of recompense you're entitled to. Similarly, if you're the relative of someone who has suffered a fatal injury after falling from height at work, then you should also be able to make a claim and get some form of redress to help at this highly-distressing time, including compensation for lost earnings.

What should I do if I am injured?

There are several things that need to be done if you've suffered a fall from height to ensure the success of your claim. What's more, by taking action, you may make it less likely that a similar accident will happen again.

As with all personal injury compensation claims, you will would need to prove that your injury was caused, at least in part, by another's negligence (in most cases it will either be your employer or the main contractors who will be held primarily responsible). Your appointed solicitor will assist you in compiling your evidence and presenting it to your employer's liability insurers. This will help determine if your fall from height was due to your employer's disregard for health and safety laws.

Should I report the accident?

You must ensure that your accident is reported to your employers and full details should be recorded in an accident book. You should also take the names and addresses of anyone who witnessed your accident so that their account of events can later be used as evidence. If possible photos should be taken of any relevant factors that contributed to the accident, such as a piece of damaged equipment or an unsecured platform. It is best to do this immediately after the accident has occurred but, obviously, depending on the severity of your injuries, you may not be fit enough to do this.

Is my employer obliged to report the accident?

Any accidents that result in serious injuries, such as broken bones or anything that leaves you unable to work for more than seven days, must be reported by your employer to the Health and Safety Executive.

Making a claim for personal injury can be a complicated process and should be done with the advice and guidance of an experienced solicitor.

More information about the claims process can be found here.

Expert advice from Thompsons' specialist solicitors in Scotland

If you have had an accident, even if you are unsure whether you would be able to claim compensation, contact Thompsons' No Win No Fee lawyers today on 0800 0891331. We aim to provide you with some peace of mind after you've suffered a fall from height by doing all that we can to achieve justice for you and your family. We can investigate matters for you and offer honest and straightforward advice on your case, hopefully allowing you to make the first step towards receiving compensation.

The initial advice is free and you are under no obligation to continue if you decide that you no longer wish to pursue legal action. If you do decide to go ahead, our lawyers work on a No Win No Fee basis, so you can rest assured that unless you win your case, you will not have to pay anything to fund your claim.

Talk to Thompsons, Solicitors in Scotland, today.

Injured through no fault of your own?
Call us on
To see how much you could claim
Compensation Specialists
Our offices and meeting places
Talk to Thompsons
Claim Now