Ski accidents can result in very serious injury and it is important that skiers take precautions whilst on the slopes to avoid accidents and therefore avoid having to make a compensation claim or a compensation claim being made against them.
Thompsons have specialist accident compensation solicitors who deal with all types of accident compensation claims from minor to fatal accidents, here we provide some advice as to some of the precautions which should be taken are to prevent an accident whilst skiing:
- Wear a ski helmet – Although only a small percentage of ski injuries are serious head injuries, if a head injury is sustained it can be life threatening and could be prevented through the use of a helmet.
- Ensure you have the right skis for your height, weight and ability – If your skis are ill fitting they may cause you to loose control on the slopes which can be especially dangerous on busy slopes and could cause serious injury to yourself or other skiers.
- Do not ski after drinking alcohol – This increases the risk of skiers loosing control of the speed and direction of the skis. If you cause injury to another skier because you have been drinking alcohol before skiing, they may bring a successful compensation claim against you.
Even although precautions can be taken, ski accidents can happen due to the fault of someone else and you may be able to raise a successful compensation claim against them.
If you have an accident it is important to:
- Take a picture of the area of the ski slope where the accident occurred and of any equipment used, especially if there were any visible faults with the material
- Take down contact details of any other skiers involved and any witnesses
- Keep copies of medical reports
This evidence may help you raise a compensation claim against the person or company who was at fault.
It is very important to seek medical advice if you are involved in a ski accident because although you may feel alright at first, your injuries can deteriorate resulting in serious long term injury, surgery and even death.
If you have been involved in an accident during a sports or leisure activity that was not your fault, call our accident compensation solicitors on 0800 0891331 or complete the claim form below and we will advise you on your first steps to receiving the compensation you deserve on a No Win No Fee basis.