Effective from 19th July, our Edinburgh office at 16 - 20 Castle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3AT, will be temporarily closed as we are in the process of relocating. During this period, there will be no staff at this office.

Please be assured that it is business as usual. You can continue to contact your solicitor by phone or email for any assistance or to discuss your case. We appreciate your understanding and are committed to ensuring that our services remain uninterrupted during this transition.

Claim Now

To ensure we give you the most tailored advice regarding your data breach enquiry, we kindly request that you complete our specialised enquiry form. You can access the form
by clicking on the following button: Click here

Click here to return to the previous window

The latest Government figures suggest that around 215,000 people in the UK have a chronic Hepatitis C infection.

Hepatitis C is a largely blood-borne virus that can seriously damage the liver of the person infected. According to the Hepatitis C Trust, around 20% of those initially infected with the virus will defeat it in the first stage of the infection. The remaining 80% will go on to develop a chronic infection.

The consequences of contracting Hepatitis C can be severe – physically, emotionally and financially. But with the proper advice it is possible to limit the impact to some degree. If the infection was negligently transmitted to you, this could include making a claim for compensation.

You may also help to prevent the same thing from happening to someone else.

Hepatitis C Compensation Claims

If you have been negligently exposed to Hepatitis C you could be entitled to compensation. You may also have a few questions.

You’ll find some of the answers here, by clicking on the links below. Or give us a call and one of our specialist personal injury lawyers will be happy to chat things through, free of charge and with no obligation.

Hepatitis C Symptoms

The symptoms of Hepatitis C can vary a lot. They include:

  • lethargy
  • flu-like symptoms such as fever and aching joints
  • sickness
  • diarrhoea
  • jaundice
  • cirrhosis of the liver
  • liver cancer

Many of these symptoms occur in other infections, or in common colds and flu, but if they persist or seem to be recurring, it is essential that you ask your doctor for advice.

Hepatitis C Treatment

Hepatitis C infections can clear up on their own. Treatment options exist, but some may experience drug side effects, and not all prescribed medications suit every patient.

Recent advancements introduced new drugs like Telaprivir and Boceprivir, used alongside older medications Interferon and Ribavirin.

Lifestyle factors can affect Hepatitis C, such as alcohol consumption influencing the infection's course.

In some instances, Hepatitis C may cross-infect others, especially partners. Consulting a doctor is crucial, including testing for your partner

Hepatitis C Compensation Claims 

Thompsons’ specialist injury solicitors have a formidable reputation in dealing with high value and complex claims for people who have suffered serious injuries, such as contracting Hepatitis C, through no fault of their own.

We are known as the leading personal injury firm in the country and our compassionate and approachable lawyers give our clients more than just a No Win No Fee legal service.

If you or a loved one has developed Hepatitis C due to the negligence of another person, you may have a claim for compensation. Call our specialist No Win No Fee Lawyers for FREE legal advice on 0800 0891 331.

Thompsons is one of the leading firms in Scotland and has many lawyers who specialise in infection disease claims including claims for hepatitis C contraction.

Injured through no fault of your own?
Call us on
To see how much you could claim
Compensation Specialists
Our offices and meeting places
Talk to Thompsons
Claim Now