Tuesday 20th September 2016 Press Conference on Boston Scientifics Faulty Mesh Claims - Thompsons Team up with Top US Attorney & Leading MSP in the Fight for Justice for Victims of Counterfeit MESH
Mesh implants are used to repair pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence, but a number of women who have been fitted with the implants have developed complications and suffered injury.
In 2012 four types of vaginal mesh implants manufactured by the American company, Johnson and Johnson, were withdrawn from the market. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have now ordered safety studies to be carried out in relation to these products.
Symptoms Associated with Mesh Implants
A few symptoms have been identified that may be associated with mesh implants. These include:
- Revision surgery
- Urination problems
- Mesh protrusion through the vaginal wall
- Mesh erosion
- Perforation of bladder or bowel
- Recurrence of pelvic organ prolapse or stress urinary incontinence
- Pain during sexual intercourse
Mesh Implant Claims
If you have had a mesh implant in the last few years, there are a few things to consider:
- If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible to make sure that nothing is wrong with your mesh implant
- If you are worried about your mesh implant – even if you are not experiencing any symptoms – it might be worth having it checked anyway
- You may also be entitled to make a no win no fee compensation claim - we already act for a number of mesh victims and are here to help you
Injured through no fault of your own? Call us on 0800 0891331 to see how much you could claim.