Because of the long latency period associated with asbestos-related illnesses such as mesothelioma, asbestosis and pleural thickening the vast majority of claims are for exposure that occurred decades ago. As such, one of the main obstacles to compensation for asbestos disease can be difficulties in tracing the liable employer.
If you do not feel confident that you can sufficiently remember the details and names of your former employers, do not worry. We have many ways to track them down, no matter how long ago you worked for them and how little you recollect.
Many of our clients find it extremely difficult to recall exactly who they worked for and when. And they are often worried that they will be unable to trace former employers to raise an action against them and their insurers. However, we have vast experience of dealing with cases like these and have a strong track record of securing compensation in even the seemingly least promising of cases. Our investigative options benefit from the following:
- A full database of employers that are known to have exposed employees to asbestos in the past.
- A full list of insurance companies.
- A team of forensic investigators to identify the relevant employer and insurer.
- A full database of witnesses, some of whom may have worked with or alongside you
- Full records of ships, sites and locations where asbestos was used.
- A strong understanding of the products used by insulating companies and other possible defendants.
In the course of our investigations we might find that your former employer is not the only one responsible for exposing you to asbestos.
Others could be at fault too – for example, the occupiers of the factories in which you worked; those who were in control of a construction site you worked on; or even the employers of other workers who exposed you to asbestos. We can trace all of these people and companies as well to ensure that your case has the strongest possible chance of success.
Asbestos compensation claims with Thompsons
Thompsons is the leading personal injury firm in Scotland and includes a specialist asbestos lung disease department.
If you would like more information on how we can assist you to trace former employers so that you can achieve the fullest possible compensation please call us on 0800 0891331