Claim Now

To ensure we give you the most tailored advice regarding your data breach enquiry, we kindly request that you complete our specialised enquiry form. You can access the form
by clicking on the following button: Click here

Click here to return to the previous window

An employee ended up in hospital after a gas leak from a chlorine tank at a swimming pool. The incident occurred at the David Lloyd club in Aberdeen. The 23-year-old member of staff was taken to hospital after concern he may have inhaled chemical fumes. He was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, where he was treated for minor chest discomfort.

The emergency services were called after reports of a gas leak. Initial reports confirmed there was a minor spillage of chemicals within a confined area. Staff and members of the public were evacuated, and the club was closed for over two hours before the all-clear was given.

Watch manager Fiona Masson said: “It was a very small leakage of the chemical chlorine. As a precaution, we had firefighters in chemical suits and breathing apparatus. They checked the area with a gas monitor and mopped up the spill. It was just a case of checking and making sure that there was no risk. The gas monitor displayed nothing. One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.”

A Grampian Police spokesman said: "An exclusion zone around the location was implemented and a large number of members of the public, including members of staff, were evacuated, pending a full assessment by Grampian Fire and Rescue Service."

If you have been involved in an accident or have been affected by a hazardous substance then you may be eligible for compensation.  Contact our accident compensation solicitors on 0800 0891331 who will assess your claim and help you claim maximum compensation on a No Win No Fee basis.

Injured through no fault of your own?
Call us on
To see how much you could claim
Compensation Specialists
Our offices and meeting places
Talk to Thompsons
Claim Now