Claim Now

To ensure we give you the most tailored advice regarding your data breach enquiry, we kindly request that you complete our specialised enquiry form. You can access the form
by clicking on the following button: Click here

Click here to return to the previous window

A company has been fined following the death of a worker from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Alpha Group Security Ltd were fined £7000 at Hamilton Sheriff Court after pleading guilty to breaching Section 2(1), 2 and 33 (a) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974. The 37-year-old security guard who died had been in a flat used as a base by the company on a construction site in Hamilton when he was overcome by fumes. A portable power generator had been used inside the property and had not been operated correctly; with no chance of ventilation a build up of carbon monoxide occurred. The security guard had not been given proper instructions on the generators use. The device should only have been used in a well-ventilated area.

The company had failed in their duty of care to the worker by not putting in place a safe system of working; clear instructions on the operation of potential dangerous equipment should have been given.

Alpha Group Security Ltd were subcontracted by Clyde Valley Housing Association Ltd who were fined £70,000 in March 2010 after pleading guilty to a charge under Section 3(1) of the Health and Safety etc Act 1974.

Thompsons' vast experience of personal injury cases, and their campaigning ethos on behalf of victims of road traffic accidents, industrial accidents and industrial diseases means they are experts on all aspects of health and safety legislation and related issues. 

Contact our specialist lawyers today on 0800 0891 331 and we will deal with your compensation claim on a No Win No Fee basis. 

Injured through no fault of your own?
Call us on
To see how much you could claim
Compensation Specialists
Our offices and meeting places
Talk to Thompsons
Claim Now