Claim Now

To ensure we give you the most tailored advice regarding your data breach enquiry, we kindly request that you complete our specialised enquiry form. You can access the form
by clicking on the following button: Click here

Click here to return to the previous window

A blaze which took hold on a street in Moray, Scotland, has sparked serious concerns for the health of those in the vicinity as it was confirmed asbestos fibres were present in the building.

Six fire teams from across the region were called to tackle the inferno which took hold on 11 December.

The premises of Moray Precast Ltd, a stone merchant in Elgin, caught fire in the late afternoon causing road closures as emergency services battled to tame the blaze.

Local residents were advised to close their windows and doors as a precaution to safeguard against exposure to asbestos.

It was confirmed that asbestos was present in the roof of the building and was likely to have been released during the fire.

Asbestos dust can linger in the air after a fire has been extinguished and so poses a significant threat to the health of the local people and those tending to the incident.

There have been no reports of any persons injured during the fire.

Unfortunately, anyone who has been exposed to asbestos as a result of this incident may be unaware that their health has been affected. If they later suffer symptoms of an asbestos illness, they should contact an asbestos claim solicitor to seek advice on making a claim for compensation.

Injured through no fault of your own?
Call us on
To see how much you could claim
Compensation Specialists
Our offices and meeting places
Talk to Thompsons
Claim Now