So, you have been involved in a car accident; a relatively minor accident in which no-one was seriously hurt, but there was damage to your vehicle and you have suffered a serious jolt.
Your doctor says you have suffered soft tissue damage to your cervical spine. In other words, you are in quite a bit of pain and you are finding it hard to move your neck and shoulders. You have suffered a whiplash injury.
You have phoned your insurer and explained the circumstances of the incident. The insurance claim for damage to your car is underway.
But what about the time you will have to take off work? What about the cost of taxis to help you get about because you can't drive at the moment? The car accident wasn't your fault, the other driver drove into the back of your car…
This is where Thompsons' personal injury solicitors in Scotland can help.
Follow these steps to make a whiplash injury compensation claim
- Always go to see a doctor as soon as you are aware of the symptoms of whiplash
- Call Thompsons whiplash compensation solicitors in Scotland to discuss making a claim
- Keep a note of your on-going pain and symptoms
- Rest and relax, knowing your claim is in hand and Thompsons are working to help you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries
- Keep a note of the days you are off work and any expenses you incur as a direct result of your whiplash injury
- Thompsons may contact you or visit you at home to discuss the accident and your recovery. We will keep you informed of the progress of your claim
- In most cases, you won't have to do anything else - just get better
- Thompsons will make sure you receive your compensation once the claim has been settled with the other driver's insurers
- You can receive the treatment you need to help you get well and you won't be out of pocket for any expenses you have incurred
Do you want to speak to a solicitor about making a claim?
We know that some people find making a claim following a minor car accident difficult because they have read in the press that whiplash injury claimants are part of the compensation culture and it's a bad thing.
Here at Thompsons we know that neck injury following a road traffic accident can be distressing and debilitating. We believe wholeheartedly that if you have suffered as a result of someone else's negligence or recklessness then you deserve to be compensated for your losses. It's as simple as that.
Call Thompsons Scotland today or use the contact buttons at the bottom right-hand side of this page to get your whiplash injury compensation claim underway.