At Thompson’s we would like to reassure all our clients that as far as possible we are operating as normal. The health and safety of our staff and clients is our primary concern during this outbreak and as such we are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and will be adapting our working practices following government guidelines. However, we have had to make some minor changes to how we are doing things.

Following Government guidelines, we have temporarily closed all of our offices and our staff are now all working from home using secure technologies to ensure they are able to continue to progress with existing and new cases as normal. All face to face meetings have been cancelled, however we are continuing to hold these meetings via phone and video calls. All the team are contactable on their direct dial numbers and email should you need to speak with your solicitor, please do not hesitate to talk to us about anything during this time.

We know these are uncertain and unsettling times for many of our clients, and the wider population, and things might look a little different for the foreseeable future. But our focus remains on our dedication, knowledge and strength that we provide to all our clients. We will continue to provide updates over the coming days and weeks in accordance with official guidelines and to keep everyone informed of the situation.

As always, for any concerns, advice and updates on your case; Talk to Thompsons.

Click Here to Visit our Covid 19 Information Hub

Click Here to Read More About Covid 19 & Thompsons

Thompsons Solicitors Scotland
Thompsons Solicitors Scotland

A driver is currently on trial at the High Court in Glasgow charged with causing the death of  17 year old Anthony Reilly in a Road Traffic Accident in May 2008.

20 year old Darren Jackson crashed his BMW in Bargeddie after meeting with friends in a car park.  On Wednesday, Jackson denied the charge of causing death by dangerous driving.

The charge included claims that he was racing Gary Martin and that he had repeatedly crossed lanes before crashing into a fence and a brick wall.

Martin told the court that the deceased had been in his car when they met with the accused at the McDonalds car park in Coatbridge and how they decided to go for a drive.  Reilly then got into the accused’s vehicle and witnesses told how the cars sped up. Martin denied racing but confirmed that he remembered seeing Jackson’s headlights and then “it was a blur”.  He brought is car to a stop after the crash and went to assist his friends.

The trial in front of Lord Bonomy continues this week.

Claim Now