At Thompson’s we would like to reassure all our clients that as far as possible we are operating as normal. The health and safety of our staff and clients is our primary concern during this outbreak and as such we are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and will be adapting our working practices following government guidelines. However, we have had to make some minor changes to how we are doing things.

Following Government guidelines, we have temporarily closed all of our offices and our staff are now all working from home using secure technologies to ensure they are able to continue to progress with existing and new cases as normal. All face to face meetings have been cancelled, however we are continuing to hold these meetings via phone and video calls. All the team are contactable on their direct dial numbers and email should you need to speak with your solicitor, please do not hesitate to talk to us about anything during this time.

We know these are uncertain and unsettling times for many of our clients, and the wider population, and things might look a little different for the foreseeable future. But our focus remains on our dedication, knowledge and strength that we provide to all our clients. We will continue to provide updates over the coming days and weeks in accordance with official guidelines and to keep everyone informed of the situation.

As always, for any concerns, advice and updates on your case; Talk to Thompsons.

Click Here to Visit our Covid 19 Information Hub

Click Here to Read More About Covid 19 & Thompsons

Thompsons Solicitors Scotland
Thompsons Solicitors Scotland

An employee ended up in hospital after a gas leak from a chlorine tank at a swimming pool. The incident occurred at the David Lloyd club in Aberdeen. The 23-year-old member of staff was taken to hospital after concern he may have inhaled chemical fumes. He was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, where he was treated for minor chest discomfort.

The emergency services were called after reports of a gas leak. Initial reports confirmed there was a minor spillage of chemicals within a confined area. Staff and members of the public were evacuated, and the club was closed for over two hours before the all-clear was given.

Watch manager Fiona Masson said: “It was a very small leakage of the chemical chlorine. As a precaution, we had firefighters in chemical suits and breathing apparatus. They checked the area with a gas monitor and mopped up the spill. It was just a case of checking and making sure that there was no risk. The gas monitor displayed nothing. One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.”

A Grampian Police spokesman said: "An exclusion zone around the location was implemented and a large number of members of the public, including members of staff, were evacuated, pending a full assessment by Grampian Fire and Rescue Service."

If you have been involved in an accident or have been affected by a hazardous substance then you may be eligible for compensation.  Contact our accident compensation solicitors on 0800 0891331 who will assess your claim and help you claim maximum compensation on a No Win No Fee basis.

Claim Now