- HALF-HEARTED, CLOSED DOORS REVIEW IS NOT ENOUGHThe Scottish campaign group representing victims of the PiP implant scandal has accused the Health Secretary of denying them answers after she failed to back the group’s calls for a Public Inquiry into the scandal.
The Sunday Telegraph has reported that the British Orthopaedic Assocation (BOA) has written to surgeons, expressing fears that not all patients who received the DePuy devices have been recalled for checks.The corrpondence which was sent this month, says that records held by DePuy show that just over 1/3 of patients who received the devices are recorded as having been recalled.
- “LET’S END THE QUESTIONS AND GET SOME ANSWERS”“Let’s end the questions and get some answers” that’s the message the Scottish victims of the PiP breast implant scandal sent the Scottish Government today as they called for them to set up a Public Inquiry into the scandal.
Hip implants are supposed to last for at least 15 years. According to figures, no more than 5% of hip implant patients should require revision surgery within 5 years. However with the DePuy implant, over 13% of patients so far have required revision surgery due to the failure of the implant.
- COMPLETE LACK OF CONSISTENCY IN CLINICS’ APPROACH TO SCANSScottish victims of the PIP Implant scandal are urging Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon to urgently clarify advice given to Scottish Healthcare providers on offering scans to PIP Implant victims who want to find out about the state of their implants.
There are many different reports as to how much compensation you can expect to receive if you require a hip replacement due to the DePuy ASR system. If you have been affected by the recall you should ensure that you contact Thompsons no win no fee solicitors to assist you. DuPuy are seeking to settle cases with claimants directly and this could mean that you undersettle your case. Never sign anything or agree to the amount of compensation without first contacting a specialist solicitor.
- VICTIMS SAY: “STOP MAKING MONEY OUT OF OUR MISERY”Scottish victims of the PiP breast implant scandal have come together to launch a Facebook campaign demanding that private clinics meet their responsibilities to remove their dangerous implants.
- THOMPSONS SOLICITORS: CLINICS HAVE A DUTY TO COMPENSATE SCOTTISH BREAST IMPLANT VICTIMS ON TOP OF REPLACEMENTScottish victims of the PIP implant scandal and Scotland’s leading personal injury firm Thompsons Solicitors have called on all private providers to meet their responsibilities to replace the implants.
- THOMPSONS LAUNCHES FREE LEGAL ADVICE LINE FOR BREAST IMPLANT SCANDAL VICTIMSScotland’s leading personal injury firm, Thompsons Solicitors, has said that clinics who offered the dangerous PIP implants could have a duty to pay compensation to those affected under consumer protection legislation.
The DePuy hip implant was only released to the medical market in 2005 but has reportedly experienced dramatic failure rates during its short lifespan.DePuy is one of the oldest orthopedic companies in the world and was established in Indiana in 1895. It was famously purchased from Roche Pharmaceuticals in 1998 by Johnston and Johnston who are the largest healthcare product manufacturers in the world.