At Thompson’s we would like to reassure all our clients that as far as possible we are operating as normal. The health and safety of our staff and clients is our primary concern during this outbreak and as such we are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and will be adapting our working practices following government guidelines. However, we have had to make some minor changes to how we are doing things.

Following Government guidelines, we have temporarily closed all of our offices and our staff are now all working from home using secure technologies to ensure they are able to continue to progress with existing and new cases as normal. All face to face meetings have been cancelled, however we are continuing to hold these meetings via phone and video calls. All the team are contactable on their direct dial numbers and email should you need to speak with your solicitor, please do not hesitate to talk to us about anything during this time.

We know these are uncertain and unsettling times for many of our clients, and the wider population, and things might look a little different for the foreseeable future. But our focus remains on our dedication, knowledge and strength that we provide to all our clients. We will continue to provide updates over the coming days and weeks in accordance with official guidelines and to keep everyone informed of the situation.

As always, for any concerns, advice and updates on your case; Talk to Thompsons.

Click Here to Visit our Covid 19 Information Hub

Click Here to Read More About Covid 19 & Thompsons

Thompsons Solicitors Scotland
Thompsons Solicitors Scotland

An Aberdeen cyclist who suffered horrific injuries after being knocked off her bike by a tanker lorry has died 18 months after the accident.

Student Milena Gott, 22, who was originally from Poland, had tried to battle her way back to health, but she died in Glasgow Royal Infirmary, just two days after doctors were forced to amputate her legs when they became badly infected.

She had moved to Aberdeen to study psychology at the city’s university.

Her sister Alice 29 who lives in Manchester said: "She was fighting for 18 months in hospital, but her injuries were just too much. The doctors had to amputate her legs as the infection became so bad.

"But just two days after the operation she didn't wake up. It was too much for her body to handle. The operation was too tough for her heart. She couldn't fight it any more."

Melina was knocked off her bike at the Garthdee roundabout on the city's Holburn Street in June 2009. She was rushed to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in a critical condition.

The articulated lorry had driven over her pelvis and severely damaged both her legs.

Several months after the accident doctors told Ms Gott and her family that she would never be able to walk again.

She was later transferred for specialist treatment to Glasgow Royal Infirmary, where she died on Saturday.

In April last year Richard Fox, from Denny in Stirlingshire, the driver of the lorry, was fined £340 and had five penalty points added to his licence after admitting careless driving at Aberdeen Sheriff Court.

Fox, of Woodland Way, Denny, Stirlingshire, admitted driving without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other road users at the junction of South Anderson Drive and Holburn Street.

The court was told that the front near-side of the lorry collided with the cyclist causing her to land on the road.

Depute Fiscal Raymond O'Brien said: "It was clear the driver had not seen her. The vehicle passed over the top of the cyclist's pelvis while continuing to drive along the road. The driver then realised something had happened and stopped."

Claim Now