• Get in touch with your lawyer. We recommend that you use someone who specialises in compensation claims for personal injury, not simply the solicitor who helped you buy your house. A specialist claims solicitor is not only more experienced in this sort of case, but will usually have some sort of No Win No Fee package in place - helping with the costs.
• Your claims lawyer will talk things through with you and let you know if you have a valid claim for compensation. Usually this initial advice is free.
• Your lawyer will then gather the evidence to prove that you have a valid claim. The investigation could include things like medical reports and your original contract with the clinic.
• If you do have a valid claim for compensation, your solicitor will then get in touch with the clinic. The clinic could either:
o admit liability, or
o deny liability
• If they admit liability, negotiations will begin over the amount of compensation you will receive.
• If they deny liability, then you may have to go to court. Most claims lawyers will be willing to take the claim to court under a No Win No Fee agreement, if they believe you have at least a 50% chance of success.